(102g) Integration of Re-Boilers
AIChE Spring Meeting and Global Congress on Process Safety
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 11:25am to 11:55am
The approaches currently used by process integration specialists to assess the opportunities for the integration of re-boilers are frequently erroneous and lead to proposals that have to be rejected at the detailed engineering stages (or worse, to re-boilers that do not perform properly).
This paper examines the integration of both vertical and horizontal thermo-siphon reboilers.
It covers the following topics:
1. how should the heat load-temperature characteristics be incorporated into a “pinch analysis”
2. how should the hot stream be matched with the re-boiler duty
3. what is the minimum temperature difference for the re-boiler
4. what is the maximum temperature difference for the re-boiler
5. how does distillation column control affect the integration
6. when should indirect integration be employed
This paper has an Extended Abstract file available; you must purchase the conference proceedings to access it.
Do you already own this?
Log In for instructions on accessing this content.
|AIChE Pro Members||$150.00|
|AIChE Graduate Student Members||Free|
|AIChE Undergraduate Student Members||Free|
|AIChE Explorer Members||$225.00|