(560hj) Fin-like Zeolite Catalysts: A New Class of Hierarchical Materials
- Conference: AIChE Annual Meeting
- Year: 2019
- Proceeding: 2019 AIChE Annual Meeting
- Group: Poster Sessions
- Time: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 3:30pm-5:00pm
In this presentation, we will discuss the preparation of hierarchical ZSM-5 and ZSM-11 catalysts using both one-pot and seeded growth methods. Catalytic testing revealed a nearly three-fold decrease in the rate of catalyst deactivation during MTH reaction relative to conventional zeolite crystals. The fin-like zeolite catalysts also promoted the olefins cycle of the hydrocarbon pool (HCP) mechanism. HRTEM and tomography measurements confirmed the rough surface protrusions were well-aligned with the seed crystal, without potential pore blockage. Operando UV-vis spectroscopy of these fin-like crystals revealed the slower evolution of heavy coking species. Collectively, our findings indicate that this novel synthesis method enhanced the performance of ZSM-5 and ZSM-11 catalysts, thus offering an efficient and versatile platform to synthesize optimal zeolite catalysts with reduced diffusion limitations for diverse applications in the (petro) chemical industry.
- Shen, Y., et al. ACS Catalysis.8 (2018) 11042-11053.
- Tosheva, L. and V.P. Valtchev; Chem. Mater. 17 (2005) 2494-2513.
- Jeon, M.Y., et al. 543 (2017) 690.