(6ee) Electromagnetic and Chemical Treatment for Efficient Multiphase Petroleum Transportation
- Conference: AIChE Annual Meeting
- Year: 2018
- Proceeding: 2018 AIChE Annual Meeting
- Group: Meet the Faculty Candidate Poster Session – Sponsored by the Education Division
- Time: Sunday, October 28, 2018 - 1:00pm-3:30pm
My research interests are at the interactions of chemical engineering, petroleum engineering, and mechanical engineering. I strive to conduct cutting-edge research that uses multidisciplinary approaches tackle the challenges encountered in the modern pipeline transportation of petroleum fluids. This type of research interfaces multiple disciplines of rheology, colloid science, phase behavior, and multiphase flow and is motivated by the goal to improve pipeline integrity, safety and operational efficiency.
I am an experienced instructor and dedicated mentor. As the recipient of 7 teaching appointments, I have taught or assisted in teaching 4 theoretical courses, 1 laboratory course, and 1 design course in both Chemical Engineering Department and Petroleum Engineering Department. These teaching experience have left me with a strong belief in an interdisciplinary approach to teaching chemical engineering. I would be interested in teaching fundamental chemical engineering courses such as fluid dynamics, thermodynamics and transport phenomena, as well as developing selected topics courses focusing on the application of chemical engineering principles in modern petroleum industry. I would also like develop general skill development courses that target to enhance the studentâs problem solving, critical thinking, creative thinking and troubleshooting skills and to ease the transition from college to workplace.
- Liu, H.; Lu, Y.* and Zhang, J. A Comprehensive Investigation of the Viscoelasticity and Time-dependent Yielding Transition of Waxy Crude Oils. Journal of Rheology 2018, 62(2), 527-541
- Li, Y.; Han, S.; Lu, Y.* and Zhang, J. Influence of Asphaltene Polarity on Crystallization and Gelation of Waxy Oils. Energy & Fuels 2018, 32, 1491-1497
- Li, M.; Sun, M.; Lu, Y. and Zhang, J. Experimental Study on the Strength of Original Samples of Wax deposits from Pipelines in the Field. Energy & Fuels 2017, 31 (11), 11977-11986
- Ma, C.; Lu, Y.*; Chen, C.; Feng, K.; Li, Z.; Wang, X. and Zhang, J. Electrical Treatment of Waxy Crude Oil To Improve Its Cold Flowability. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2017, 56 (38), 10920-10928
- Lu, Y.* and Zhang, J. A Perspective on Transportation of Waxy Crude Oil. Petroleum & Petrochemical Engineering Journal 2017, 1(2).
- Lu, Y.; Nariman Fathi Najafabadi and Abbas Firoozabadi. Effect of Temperature on Wettability of Oil/Brine/Rock Systems. Energy & Fuels 2017, 31 (5), 4989-4995
- Lu, Y. and Savage, P. E. Supercritical Water Gasification of Lipid-extracted Hydrochar to Recover Energy and Nutrients. The Journal of Supercritical Fluids 2015, 99, 88-94
- Lu, Y.; Levine, R. B. and Savage, P. E. Fatty Acids for Nutraceuticals and Biofuels from Hydrothermal Carbonization of Microalgae. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2015, 54, 4066-4071
- Lu, Y.; Huang, Z.; Hoffmann, R.; Amundsen, L. and Fogler, H. S. The Counterintuitive Effects of Oil Flow Rate on Wax Deposition. Energy & Fuels 2012, 26, 4091-4097
- Huang, Z.; Lu, Y.; Hoffmann, R.; Amundsen, L. and Fogler, H. S. The Effect of Operating Temperatures on Wax Deposition. Energy & Fuels 2011, 25, 5180-5188