(447p) Prodias: Processing Diluted Aqueous Systems
PRODIAS (Processing Diluted Aqueous Systems) is a project that aims at providing new cost- and energy efficient downstream-processes to facilitate a competitive use of renewable feedstocks in the process industry. In order to realize the overall goal the following key deliverables have been defined:
1. Optimization and further development of single technologies.
2. Tuning of up-stream process in order to facilitate the downstream processing.
3. Development of hybrid combinations of complementary single technologies incl. apparatus in order to achieve cost-effectiveness and improved performance.
4. Demonstration of technologies in industrially appropriate environments of the three application areas represented in the PRODIAS project.
5. Process characterization to identify the key physical property data required for the design and operation of the technologies.
6. Development and validation of an integrated design approach.
This research receives funding from the European Community's Framework Programme for Research and Innovation Horizon2020 and involves 9 partners: BASF (Germany), Cargill Haubourdin (France), University of Kaiserslautern (Germany), Imperial College London (Great Britain), Alfa Laval (Sweden), GEA Messo PT (The Netherlands), Xendo (The Netherlands), UPM (Finland) and Enviplan (Germany). This poster will present an overview of PRODIAS, the challenges identified and the structure of the project.