(78e) Overview and Perspectives of CO2 Emission In Chinese Cement Industry
Since 1985, China became the world's largest cement-producing countries in the worldBThe total output of China's cement amount and its market share in the world has increased year after year. Due to the technology improvement, the unit energy consumption of Chinese cement industry shows a declining trend. As a example, the heat consumption declined by 11% in 2005 compared with 1995; the total energy consumption in Chinese cement industry declined from 11.81% in 2001 dropped to 7.44% in 2007.
CO2 emissions from the cement industry comes mainly from limestone and other carbonate material contained in the decomposition and combustion of fossil fuels. With the gradual improvement of production technology, the direct emission of CO2 per unit of product shows a declining trend. The direct CO2 emissions from 0.787t CO2 / t in 1995 reduced to 0.592t CO2 / t in 2005.
The presentation will introduce following areas:
(1) for the next 10-30 years, China's cement industry CO2 emission reduction targets;
(2) to develop low-carbon economy of China's cement industry to achieve the overall strategic thinking;
(3) analysis of various emission reduction technology skills, technology maturity and the reduction potential of technology promotion in each period to determine the focus of the key technical issues to be carried out;
(4) the formation of China's cement industry to achieve a low carbon economy, technology roadmaps;
(5) specific suggestions and assurance measures.