The Fellows Council was constituted in January 2011. The by-laws were revised and approved in August 2016. The current council officers are listed here. The Chair of the Council moderates Fellow gatherings, usually breakfasts, at the AIChE Spring and Annual meetings, and coordinates the Council's activities to help fulfill the mission of AIChE during a 1-year term. The council Vice Chair assists in arranging meetings and records during a 1-year term. The Past Chair serves for 1 year to provide officer continuity. The leadership cycle covers three years. The Secretary serves for three years and provides reports or summaries of the meetings of the Fellows Council and oversees the Newsletter and other communications to the members. The council meets quarterly: physically at the AIChE Spring and Annual meetings and virtually in between.
- The Fellows Council is the leadership group of the Fellows of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) and is responsible for coordination of all organized activities of Fellows within the Institute. The Fellows Council reports to the Career and Education Operating Council (CEOC) of AIChE. Nominations to the Fellows Council are approved by CEOC. The by-laws can be downloaded and read here.
- The main purpose of the Fellows Council is the coordination, guidance, and communication of collective activities of the Fellows, such as: website; Fellows breakfasts; organized activities related to students, young professionals, and local sections; and technical, societal, external, and other professional activities.
- With support from AIChE staff, the Fellows Council will maintain a record of Fellows, their collective activities, and update communications about the Fellows, such as on the AIChE website.
- Any Fellow of the Institute, or group of Fellows, may make proposals and suggest issues of Fellow concern to the Council. These shall be submitted in writing/e-mail to any Council member, and if appropriate, such items will be included in the agenda of the next quarterly Council meeting.
- Views on issues of general Fellow concern may be solicited from the whole Fellowship at Fellow gatherings, as well as via surveys and direct communications.
Robert Ofoli, 2021 Chair
Annette Johnston, 2021 Vice Chair
John O'Connell, Secretary
Anthony Fregosi, Co-Secretary