Posted by Monica Mellinger on
- Arrangements for the virtual Fellows Gathering in April were developed.
- Leaders’ reports, observance of departed colleagues, and welcoming of new Fellows to be as usual.
- Breakouts to engage Fellows in FC activities and provide detailed information were planned: Student Chapter Task Force, Fellow Nominations, Volunteering Tools
- Updates on engagement of Fellows in AIChE Entities: Student Chapters, Young Professionals, Women in Engineering, Minority Affairs. Some reports still needed.
- A. Johnston is tabulating nominations through personal contact since submission information cannot be released. Statistics about nominator (organization, active entities, home region, employer) of interest.
- Student Chapter Task Force developing well.
- Suggestion of Outstanding Fellow Award for special leadership by Fellows distinct from other service.
- Fellows Gathering, April 20.
- Similar format to morning Gatherings in 2020
- “Fun event” for afternoon
- Reminder of May 1 nomination deadline
- No FC meeting during Spring event
- Nominations update:
- Service to the chemical engineering profession can be outside of AIChE
- Nominators, sponsors and nominees must be dues-paying members at time of submission
- International candidates with less than 10 years as Senior Member can be evaluated case-by-case
- Dues depend on country; amounts to be better publicized.
- An investigation should be made of the Fellows Endowment supporting AIChE Chemical Engineering for Good Challenge (ACE4G) with greater Fellow voice in uses of the funds.
- Annual Meeting in Boston, November 2021 will be hybrid with the Student Conference in-person
- Live Fellows Breakfast in usual format with virtual Gathering during following week. Whether the Breakfast will be combined with the Annual Business Meeting as proposed for San Francisco, but did not occur, remains to be decided.
- FC meeting to be live with remote connection.