November 2020 Announcements
- EdDiv Annual Meeting Programming
- At the Meeting: K-12 STEM Showcase on Sunday, Nov. 15
- At the Meeting: EdDiv Business Meeting on Wednesday, Nov. 18
- At the Meeting: EdDiv Programming Meeting on Thursday, Nov. 19
- Call for Volunteers!
- Instructions for submitting EdDiv announcements
1. ED-DIV ANNUAL MEETING PROGRAMMING
Join the EdDiv for a wide variety of virtual programming next week! Several sessions/meeting are highlighted below, and the full EdDiv schedule can be found here. Consider joining the Town Hall discussion reflecting on our virtual teaching experiences, attending workshops on Promoting Student Mental Health or on Inclusive Pedagogy, or just come be social at the ASEE/AIChE Summer School Meet-up/Trivia Night, the EdDiv Awards Dinner, or lunch with the Division Board.
2. AT THE MEETING: K-12 STEM SHOWCASE ON SUNDAY, NOV. 15
AIChE invites K-12 students, their parents, and educators to attend the AIChE K-12 STEM Showcase – an interactive opportunity to learn about STEM, Chemical Engineering, and different STEM career paths from real life STEM professionals! Hear from exciting keynote speakers, follow along at home as chemical engineers present hands-on STEM demonstrations, and get answers to all of your burning questions about STEM and chemical engineering! Numerous exciting events will be held from 10:00 am – 2:45 pm PST (1:00 pm – 5:45 pm EST).
Find more information on specific events and registration here: https://www.aiche.org/resources/conferences/events/k-12/2020-11-15
3. AT THE MEETING: ED-DIV BUSINESS MEETING ON WEDNESDAY, NOV. 18
Come to the Education Division Business Meeting at 11:30 am PST (2:30 pm EST) on Wednesday, November 18 to learn all about the AIChE Education Division and its activities. Topics to be discussed include: our leadership and volunteers, committees, announcements, program highlights, communications, finances, membership, webinars, course surveys, the Future Faculty Mentoring program, as well as other current and future initiatives. Everyone is welcome!
4. AT THE MEETING: ED-DIV PROGRAMMING MEETING ON THURSDAY, NOV. 19
Come to the Education Division Programming Meeting at 11:30 am PST (2:30 pm EST) on Thursday, November 19 to learn about how this year’s program was developed and to help contribute to next year’s program. Have an idea for a new session? Have a suggestion to make our programming even better? Want to serve as a session chair next year? Come to this meeting to help us provide exciting and impactful programming that will help benefit our membership. Everyone is welcome!
5. CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS!
We are still recruiting volunteers for the meeting:
- The K-12 Outreach Community is looking for volunteers to help with the K-12 STEM Showcase at the AIChE Virtual Meeting on Sunday, November 15. Volunteers are needed as judges, Zoom assistants and participants in a student lunch and learn. If you are interested in volunteering, please email: email@example.com
- 2020 AIChE Chem-E-Car Poster Competition Judges needed on Friday, November 13, 2020, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM PST - Volunteers will be asked to watch pre-recorded 5-minute presentations from up to 4 teams and participate in a live Q/A session with each team. Volunteers will be provided with a rubric and will be asked to submit their scores via a google form. To sign up, complete this online form.
6. SUBMITTING ED-DIV ANNOUNCEMENTS
To submit an EdDiv announcement, please prepare a maximum of a 2-3 paragraph description including any relevant URLs and contact information as well as a subject line. Do not include any attachments. Email this information to Katie Cadwell <firstname.lastname@example.org> with the email heading “For EdDiv Announcements.” Announcements will be sent out near the beginning of each month. Each announcement will be included once, unless otherwise requested. Announcements will also be recorded on the Division website: http://www.aiche.org/community/sites/divisions-forums/education-division .