This award recognizes an outstanding individual who has made a substantial contribution to the management and leadership of engineers involved in the field of chemical engineering. Nominees should be prepared to give a presentation on an important management topic of their choice at the next Annual Meeting if selected. We are grateful for The Dow Chemical Company’s sponsorship of the award, which began in 2011.
- Awards are administered by a committee of the AIChE Management Division which reviews all applications and recommends recipients for confirmation by the division’s Board.
- The nomination process can be started by electronically submitting a CV or Resume of the proposed nominee by March 1. The Awards Committee will respond by April 1 with recommendations of nominees for which submission of a complete nomination package is encouraged. This is an optional step and not a requirement to submit a complete package by the due date of May 31.
- A complete nomination package using the form (see link) should include a professional history of the nominee (brief curricula vitae if not previously provided) as well as a summary of the nominee’s accomplishments which specifically detail how the nominee meets the criteria of the award.
- Supporting letters, from the Primary Sponsor and at least one co-sponsor citing specific contributions and the reasons for their value are required. Additional co-sponsors up to a maximum of four co-sponsors are encouraged. Letters from co-sponsors should address specific career achievements and not simply reiterate the same material already included in the nomination package.
- Submittal of the nomination form and supporting materials to the designated Division Award Committee Chair shall be made by email.
- The award will generally be awarded annually but only if qualified nominations have been received. This determination is solely at the discretion of the Management Division Award Committee and the Management Division Board. Awards are presented at a special session, luncheon or dinner meeting held at the AIChE Annual Meeting.
- Award recognition appears in member publications, meeting program books, and website listings.
- Currently, the recipient receives a cash honorarium of US$1,000 and a suitable plaque commemorating the Award.
- All submitted nomination packages will be considered to be active for at least three years (subject to reconfirmation by the nominators who may be allowed to supplement the original submission if they so choose).
- Demonstrated outstanding accomplishments and achievements that have markedly benefited both society and the profession of chemical engineering.
- The candidate(s) should be a manager in a field utilizing chemical engineering (e.g., engineering, design & construction, project or process development, manufacturing operations, R&D, sales and marketing, etc.).
- Nominees need not be a member of AIChE.
A plaque and $1,000 honorarium.