This paper will summarize an analysis of the supply chains of three separate Toxic Industrial Chemicals (TICs) with respect to prevalence in industry, hazards posed by the processes, potential risk for both accidental and intentional (sabotage and/or terrorist activity- related) releases, and inherently safer technology (IST) techniques that could be employed to reduce risks associated with the manufacture and/or end use of the TICs. Information in the following areas was gathered and examined for each TIC:
- Production and use
- Chemical and technological processes including processing steps, conditions, capacities, catalysts, and solvents for all major production routes
- Annual domestic production volumes
- Uses and required formulations
- Manufacturing and consumption sites; extent of on-site production and use
- Transportation volumes, conditions, and distances
- Transport modes
- Storage volumes and conditions
- Alternative processing technologies including inherently safer technologies (IST) concepts
Would you like to access this content?
No problem. You just have to complete the following steps.
You have completed 0 of 2 steps.
You must be logged in to view this content. Log in now.
Purchase Technical Presentation
You must purchase this technical presentation using one of the options below.
If you already purchased this content recently, please click here to refresh the system's record of ownerships.
|Credits||0.5 Use credits|
|List Price||$25.00 Buy now|
|AIChE Members||$15.00 Buy now|
|AIChE Undergraduate Student Members||Free Free access|
|AIChE Graduate Student Members||$15.00 Buy now|