Look at the "Black-Box" BEFORE the Crash...The Use of "Black-Box" Reviews in PHA Scenario Development and Validation Against Vessel Limits
- Type: Conference Presentation
- Conference Type: Southwest Process Technology Conference
- Presentation Date: October 9, 2014
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- PDHs: 0.50
This presentation will review examples of fitness for service limitations and the potential process safety hazards presented if exceeded. The use of the “black-box” historical operating data review methodology in PHA scenario development and validation will be discussed. Fitness for service evaluation of vessels will also be presented along with validation of layer of protection analysis (LOPA).
This presentation will also explore the use of data-mining software as a tool to enhance the PHA process during the “black-box” review. The presentation will show how Envoy Development’s data-mining application can be used to:
- Identify previously unknown violations of safe process operation and integrity operating windows.
- Enhance the understanding of the frequency of these violations and re-evaluate the current Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) for the piece of equipment or unit.
- Filter and statistically analyze process data to identify the sequence of events and root-cause of past process excursions.
- Prepare a plan to mitigate risk from previously unknown events.
|AIChE Member Credits||0.5|
|AIChE Graduate Student Members||Free|
|AIChE Undergraduate Student Members||Free|