Contain the Tiger: Accounting for All Energy from Reactive Chemicals in Process Design
- Type: Conference Presentation
- Conference Type: AIChE Spring Meeting and Global Congress on Process Safety
- Presentation Date: August 19, 2020
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- PDHs: 1.00
A case study will be reviewed to illustrate the concept and application of these critical process design elements for reactive chemical systems, focusing on the proper use of kinetic parameters, thermal stability data, and heat transfer requirements to develop an appropriate Basis of Safety for the reactive system design.
The following learning objectives will be achieved:
- Introduce a practical approach for Reactive Energy Hazard Evaluation.
- Overview a disciplined approach for reviewing test data to identify potential energetic scenarios.
- Understand critical elements of process design for reactive chemical systems.
|AIChE Member Credits||0.5|
|Employees of CCPS Member Companies||Free|
|AIChE Graduate Student Members||Free|
|AIChE Undergraduate Student Members||Free|