This session will focus on new technologies that have enabled a new era of biological design (DNA synthesis and editing in particular) as well as on those technologies that are as a result increasingly important for metabolic engineering (e.g. metabolic flux analysis, metabolomics).
- Maciek Antoniewicz, University of Delaware
- Akihiko Kondo, Kobe University
- Michael Lynch, Duke University
- Engineered Polyketide Synthases for Synthesis of Commodity and Specialty Chemicals- Jay Keasling, UC Berkeley
- Using Systems Biology for Identification of Novel Metabolic Engineering Targets- Jens Nielsen, Chalmers University of Technology
- Chris Voigt, MIT
- Programming Biological Operating Systems: Genome Design, Assembly and Activation- Daniel Gibson, J. Craig Venter Institute