Gain an understanding of the theory underlying successful distillation processes – and beyond theory, learn what actually happens in a column.
This online course covers a wide range of topics – from basic column design to installation, start-up, shutdown and more. Your instructor, a distillation technology expert, will detail the critical aspects of operating principles common to most distillation operations, regardless of the distillates being produced.
Here’s a preview of what you’ll learn:
- The fundamentals of distillation and the distillation process
- How to leverage distillation technology basics in your overall system design and tray and packed column design
- Advanced knowledge of installation, start up and shutdown, troubleshooting and distillation column control
- A solid foundation in the principles of operations that apply across all products
Who Should Attend:
- Engineers or chemists who troubleshoot difficult distillation problems in plant or who conceptualize difficult distillation problems in the engineering office or laboratory
- Distillation veterans
- Distillation newcomers with a few years of experience
John P. Farone is a consultant to the chemical industry with over 40 years of experience in process separations, process simulation and equipment design. He has unique knowledge of the practical design and operation of trayed and packed distillation towers and their internals.
Previously, he was with The Dow Chemical Company for 36 years where he specialized in process engineering in distillation and stripping.
He is currently a consultant with Fractionation Research Inc. (FRI), and the Separations Research Program (SRP) at the University of Texas in Austin.
|AIChE Grad Student Members||$247.50|
|AIChE Undergrad Student Members||$247.50|
|Training 10 or More?||Volume Pricing is available. Send an e-mail to
email@example.com for more information.
* AIChE membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here.