Although many pneumatic conveying equipment advances have been made, costly problems – including wear, attrition, rate limitation and line plugging – continue to occur.
This course will help you learn how to apply practical design and troubleshooting principles to improve the efficiency, safety and reliability of pneumatic conveying systems transporting powders and bulk solids.
Ensure trouble-free flow
In this course you will review the fundamentals of gas/solids flow and address common pneumatic conveying problems, modes of transport in a pipeline and scale-model tests and their use in designing and evaluating poorly operating systems. You’ll discuss line chargers (feeders), proven pipeline layout rules and criteria for elbow/bend selection. The instructor will also cover more specialized topics including dense phase conveying systems and gas/solids separators such as cyclones, filters and bag houses.
What You’ll Learn
- Modes of conveying: Dilute phase and dense phase
- Types of systems: Positive pressure, vacuum, pull/push and closed loop
- The science underlying gas and solids flow through pipelines
- Understand key terms – like “saltation and pickup velocity” and “solids loading ratio”
- How to read a state diagram illustrating system performance
- The four primary system components: Gas mover, silo/feeder, pipeline/bends and separator
- How to select elbows, line chargers and other key primary system components
- Know the features of solid separators – cyclones, filter/collectors and bag house
- Dense phase conveying technology – what you need to know
- Troubleshooting common conveying problems – including wear, attrition, rate limitation and line plugging
- Applying safe handling practices for the pneumatic conveying of combustible solids
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for engineers involved in designing, selecting, troubleshooting, maintaining or purchasing pneumatic conveying equipment – including:
- Plant and project managers
- Operation and process managers
- Project, process and maintenance engineers
- Unit operators and superintendents
- Professionals new to the field of pneumatic conveying
|AIChE Grad Student Members||$197.50|
|AIChE Undergrad Student Members||$197.50|
|Training 10 or More?||Volume Pricing is available. Send an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
* Membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here.