Spreadsheets are a powerful problem-solving tool for chemical engineers. But to take full advantage of all they can do, you need a strong foundation in common problem-solving spreadsheet technique. Join chemical engineer and Excel expert David Clough and pick up dozens of tips and techniques unknown to many engineers that will help you solve chemical engineering problems faster and more accurately.
Problem-solving with spreadsheets
In one day, you’ll learn how to work with tables of data and calculate flow sheets and material balances. You’ll learn how to solve algebraic and differential equations as well as analyze data using methods of applied statistics. You’ll also learn how to optimize flowsheet and equipment design, prepare spreadsheets for others to use, and much more.
Save when you take both this course and CH766 Excel VBA Programming for Chemical Engineers by registering for CH767 Spreadsheet Problem Solving and VBA Programming Combo Course.
Here’s a preview of what you’ll learn:
- Implementing chemical engineering calculations on spreadsheets
- Table-based operations
- Solving equations – single, nonlinear, systems of equations, array functions and matrix calculations
- Creating engineering graphs
- Solving differential equations
- The basics of applied statistics:
- Hypothesis testing
- Linear and nonlinear regression
- Optimization calculations:
Cash flow calculations and economic optimization
Production optimization – linear programming
You should attend if …
You are an engineer with a basic knowledge of spreadsheets who is involved in any of the following:
- Process engineering
- Plant technical support
- Design and economic evaluation
- R & D
|AIChE Grad Student Members||$447.50|
|AIChE Undergrad Student Members||$447.50|
|Training 10 or More?||Volume Pricing is available. Send an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
* AIChE Membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here.
No public sessions of this course are scheduled at this time. If you are interested in receiving updates related to this course please fill out the Course Inquiry Form