In today’s highly competitive marketplace, the economic and efficient management of blending operations and automation can give you that critical edge over competitors. Join refinery offsite automation expert Suresh S. Agrawal for an overview of the principles of operation and decision-making involved in the management, operation, control, optimization and scheduling of gasoline, diesel, fuel oil products and crude oil.
Fuels blending operation and economics in the refinery
In three days, you’ll cover all the important technical, operational, modeling and economical aspects of blending operations. You’ll identify the essential elements of refinery operations areas and their division into onsite/offsite operations. You’ll examine tank farm management, including sizing storage requirements, control, instrumentation, safety and environmental issues, oil movement and scheduling. You’ll gain a better understanding of refinery blending operations as well as offsite automation project planning. Throughout this course, lab exercises, demonstrations and discussions will clarify your understanding of key concepts and prepare you to make better operational and management decisions in your own plant.
Here’s a preview of what you’ll learn:
- Blending operation – an overview
- Issues of custody transfer and terminal operations
- Tank farm management
- Advanced blending control, strategy, optimization and scheduling
- Online analyzers
- Blending project justification and implementation
- Offsite automation project planning economic analysis and implementation strategy
You should attend if…
This course is designed for:
- Technical and key operating staff working in the refining and oil and gas industries
- Managers who want to increase their understanding of all aspects of fuel blending operations and economics in the refinery
Dr. Agrawal has developed and installed innovative and technologically advanced automation software products and integrating solutions for the automation of offsite operations worldwide. Founder and president of Offsite Management Systems LLC, he previously was director of refinery offsite operations at ABB Industrial Systems Inc. in Houston, Texas. He has successfully managed many advanced offsite refinery control projects in numerous countries.