In today’s workplace, non-engineers are increasingly expected to work with chemical engineers on projects, scale-ups and process evaluations. But to do so, you need a solid understanding of basic concepts of chemical engineering analysis, design and calculations. Join chemical engineering expert Jack Hipple and gain knowledge of the fundamentals of chemical engineering you need to understand, communicate and work with chemical engineers.
Gain an understanding of chemical engineering
In three days, you’ll learn how to hold your own in discussions on safety, industrial hygiene and reactive chemicals. You’ll gain an understanding of the basics of fluid flow, heat transfer, heat exchanger design and cooling towers and how to apply it. You’ll also get up-to-speed on solids handling, tank and vessel design, polymerization and polymer processing and how use this knowledge to sharpen projects and evaluations. Through case studies, you’ll see the concepts you learn in action so you can apply them in your workplace when collaborating with chemical engineers on projects, chemistry scale-ups, process evaluations and other initiatives.
Here’s a preview of what you’ll learn ...
- The role of chemical engineering and chemistry scale up
- The basics of stoichiometry
- Commonly used chemical engineering calculations
- The basics of safety, industrial hygiene and reactive chemicals
- What you need to know about fluid flow, heat transfer, heat exchanger design and cooling towers
- Separation technologies – including distillation, absorption, stripping, adsorption, ion exchange and membranes
- What every non-engineer needs to understand about evaporation, crystallization, liquid-solid separations and drying
- Solids handling – the basics
- Breaking down the basics of tank and vessel design
- Essentials of polymerization and polymer processing
- Gain a working knowledge of process control
You should attend if …
This course is designed for non-engineers without formal chemical engineering training who have up to three years of experience working in a plant with chemical engineers. It will be especially valuable to:
- Operating technicians
- Engineering managers who are not chemical engineers
- DHS, EPA and other government employees
- Other engineers
|AIChE Grad Student Members||$847.50|
|AIChE Undergrad Student Members||$847.50|
* Membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here
Note: Registered attendees will receive an email 4 weeks before the course start date notifying them of the status of the course. Please do not book airline tickets before you receive notification as we cannot reimburse tickets or airline change fees if the class is not held. If you have any questions, please call Customer Service (800.242.4363 or 203.702.7660 outside US).