In today’s global and fast-paced world, the ability to manage complex projects is vital to keep up with the chemical industry’s demands and needs. Yet many chemical engineers have had no formal training in project management and lack the skills required to bring projects in on time and within budget. Join project management experts Gwenn Carr and Gary Englehardt and gain skills and time-tested and proven templates that will get you up and running, keep you on track and ensure your project is a success.
Project management in the real world
In two highly interactive days, you’ll walk through the key steps of successful project management – including how to initiate, plan, control, monitor, execute and closeout projects. You’ll learn how to create a project plan to ensure all tasks are finished on time, within budget. Your deliverables will meet quality requirements and satisfy your stakeholders. You will practice creating work breakdown structures to accurately estimate resources, time, cost and risk. You’ll also gain strategies for identifying risks and developing plans to minimize, eliminate or handle them. Bring your project with you and be ready to fully participate in this course. You will immediately incorporate the techniques and templates you learn.
Here’s a preview of what you’ll learn:
- The difference between successful and unsuccessful projects
- The characteristics of effective project leaders
- Common elements of every successful project plan
- Skills every project team needs
- Meeting management
- Good business practices related to scope, schedule, cost and quality control
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Gaining buy-in from stakeholders
- Developing a communication plan
You should attend if…
This course is designed for chemical engineers who face the challenge of managing projects – including:
- New project managers ready to begin the development of their team and plan
- Experienced project managers looking for helpful templates and the very latest techniques
- Virtual team project managers working with team members located in different parts of the world
Gwenn Carr, a Project Management Professional (PMP®), has been a project manager, consultant and educator for over 25 years. She has worked with many companies in various industries and is the co-author of chapters in “The Field Guide to Project Management.” Her interest in improving the skills of project teams grew from her frustration while working with teams who had been assigned to projects and had received no training or guidance.
Gary Englehardt, a Project Management Professional (PMP®), has been involved in projects for over 30 years as a project engineer and consultant. He has helped numerous companies in the process industries improve the skills of their teams and obtain better project results. He has co-authored chapters in several respected project management books.
No public sessions of this course are scheduled at this time. If you are interested in receiving updates related to this course please fill out the Course Inquiry Form