Although many pneumatic conveying equipment advances have been made, costly problems – including wear, attrition, rate limitation and line plugging – continue to occur.
Ensure trouble-free flow
Here’s a preview of what you’ll learn:
- Modes of conveying: Dilute phase and dense phase
- Types of systems: Positive pressure, vacuum, pull/push and closed loop
- The science underlying gas and solids flow through pipelines
- Understand key terms – like “saltation and pickup velocity” and “solids loading ratio”
- How to read a state diagram illustrating system performance
- The four primary system components: Gas mover, silo/feeder, pipeline/bends and separator
- How to select elbows, line chargers and other key primary system components
- Know the features of solid separators – cyclones, filter/collectors and bag house
- Dense phase conveying technology – what you need to know
- Troubleshooting common conveying problems – including wear, attrition, rate limitation and line plugging
- Applying safe handling practices for the pneumatic conveying of combustible solids
You should attend if …
- Plant and project managers
- Operation and process managers
- Project, process and maintenance engineers
- Unit operators and superintendents
- Professionals new to the field of pneumatic conveying
One of the three instructors listed above will teach your course.
Director of Education and a Senior Consultant with Jenike & Johanson, Inc.
Eric Maynard is the Director of Education and a Senior Consultant with Jenike & Johanson, Inc., which is recognized as the world’s leading engineering firm specializing in bulk solids handling technology. Eric received his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Villanova University and his M.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
CEO of Jenike & Johanson Inc.
CEO of Jenike & Johanson Inc., a world-renowned engineering consulting firm specializing in the storage, flow and processing of powder and bulk solids. He has been recognized worldwide for his technical ability and experience in the field of storage and flow of solids.
Vice President, Jenike & Johanson Inc.
Vice President at Jenike & Johanson Inc., Thomas has been involved in many projects related to flow properties testing, modeling, blending, pneumatic conveying and fluidization.
Project Engineer, Jenike & Johanson, Inc.
Andres Orlando is a Project Engineer with Jenike & Johanson. Andrés received his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and Ph.D. in Granular Mechanics from Clarkson University. His graduate studies focused in computational modeling of granular materials flows and comparing numerical models against physical experiments.
|AIChE Grad Student Members||$447.50|
|AIChE Undergrad Student Members||$447.50|
|Training 10 or More?||Volume Pricing is available. Send an e-mail to
email@example.com for more information.
* AIChE Membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here.
Note: Registered attendees will receive an email 4 weeks before the course start date (6 weeks if course is outside the U.S.) notifying them of the status of the course. Please do not book airline tickets before you receive notification as we cannot reimburse tickets or airline change fees if the class is not held. If you have any questions, please call Customer Service (800.242.4363 or 203.702.7660 outside US).