Too often, bulk solids are being handled without a good understanding of how to correctly design, select, troubleshoot, maintain and purchase bulk solids handling equipment.
Ensure equipment operates efficiently, safely and reliably
Here’s a preview of what you’ll learn:
- The pitfalls of poor bulk solids handling
- Common flow problems and their costly consequences
- The flow patterns and features of silos, bins and hoppers
- Testing bulk solids flow properties and how to use the results
- Solving ongoing bulk solids feeder problems
- Why fine powders can have restricted or uncontrolled flow rate
- Step-by-step procedures for designing a bin or silo
- Practical solutions to segregation mechanisms problems
- Selecting the appropriate common flow aid device
- How to avoid transfer chute plugging and how to minimize wear and dusting
You should attend if …
- Plant and project managers
- Operation and process managers
- Project, process and maintenance engineers
- Unit operators and superintendents
- Anyone new to the field of bulk solids handling
CEO of Jenike & Johanson Inc., a world-renowned engineering consulting firm specializing in the storage, flow and processing of powder and bulk solids. He has been recognized worldwide for his technical ability and experience in the field of storage and flow of solids. He has 20 years of experience designing solids handling systems and troubleshooting handling programs in a wide variety of industries.
|AIChE Grad Student Members||$647.50|
|AIChE Undergrad Student Members||$647.50|
* Membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here
Note: Registered attendees will receive an email 4 weeks before the course start date notifying them of the status of the course. Please do not book airline tickets before you receive notification as we cannot reimburse tickets or airline change fees if the class is not held. If you have any questions, please call Customer Service (800.242.4363 or 203.702.7660 outside US).