While the basic principles underlying distillation remain unchanged, new hardware, problem-solving and troubleshooting strategies, and modeling techniques continue to be developed.
Join distillation expert John P. Farone and get up-to-date on essential distillation concepts and developments and how to apply them to improve process support, operations and design.
Solve difficult distillation problems
Here’s a preview of what you’ll learn:
- Review thermodynamics, vapor liquid equilibrium, and basic Chemical Engineering principles
- Learn techniques for solving simulation issues, process design considerations and column operations,
- Guidelines for specifying and purchasing the right hardware
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting distillation problems in the real world
- Predicting efficiency using the latest modeling techniques
You should attend if …
- Process support
- Design engineering
John P. Farone is a consultant to the chemical industry with over 40 years of experience in process separations, process simulation and equipment design. He has unique knowledge of the practical design and operation of trayed and packed distillation towers and their internals.
Previously, he was with The Dow Chemical Company for 36 years where he specialized in process engineering in distillation and stripping.
He is currently a consultant with Fractionation Research Inc. (FRI), and the Separations Research Program (SRP) at the University of Texas in Austin.
|AIChE Grad Student Members||$847.50|
|AIChE Undergrad Student Members||$847.50|
|Training 10 or More?||Volume Pricing is available. Send an e-mail to
email@example.com for more information.
* AIChE Membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here.
Note: Registered attendees will receive an email 4 weeks before the course start date (6 weeks if course is outside the U.S.) notifying them of the status of the course. Please do not book airline tickets before you receive notification as we cannot reimburse tickets or airline change fees if the class is not held. If you have any questions, please call Customer Service (800.242.4363 or 203.702.7660 outside US).