An Appalachian State University research team, is innovating the field of biolgical water treatment by applying a proven technology to salon and spa wastewater to create functional, multipurpose, "living art" within a small business environment. In this informative webinar you will learn how to "Grow Clean Water".
The presentation will highlight the following:
- History of EPA (P3) People, Prosperity, and the Planet research competition
- Appalachian State University's commitment to sustainability & participation in EPA P3
- Concept of phytoremediation & how it applies to water purification
- History of "Living Machines" and the concept of ecological waste water treatment
- The purpose behind "Grow Clean Water" and the significance of applying this technology to salons & spas
- The research process, how, why, and what now
- Overcoming limitations: space, lighting, cost,
- Current research results from Grow Clean Water, including chemical analysis and plant health analysis
- Public response to the idea of using a miniature wetland to filter water in an indoor environment
- Future research
- Applications of research results and future expectations of project
Bobbie Swinson recently graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Appropriate Technology and minor in Community and Regional Planning from Appalachian State University in Boone, North Carolina and will be entering graduate school for both of the same programs in Fall 2012.
Would you like to access this content?
No problem. You just have to complete the following steps.
You have completed 0 of 2 steps.
You must be logged in to view this content. Log in now.
You must purchase this webinar using one of the options below.
If you already purchased this content recently, please click here to refresh the system's record of ownerships.
|Credits||1 Use credits|
|List Price||$99.00 Buy now|
|AIChE Members||$69.00 Buy now|
|AIChE Undergraduate Student Members||Free Free access|
|AIChE Graduate Student Members||Free Free access|