Chemical Reactor Design, Optimization, and Scaleup is the authoritative sourcebook on chemical reactors. This new Second Edition consolidates the latest information on current optimization and scaleup methodologies, numerical methods, and biochemical and polymer reactions. It provides the comprehensive tools and information to help readers design and specify chemical reactors confidently, with state-of-the-art skills. This authoritative guide:
- Covers the fundamentals and principles of chemical reactor design, along with advanced topics and applications
- Presents techniques for dealing with varying physical properties in reactors of all types and purposes
- Includes a completely new chapter on meso-, micro-, and nano-scale reactors that addresses such topics as axial diffusion in micro-scale reactors and self-assembly of nano-scale structures
- Explains the method of false transients, a numerical solution technique
- Includes suggestions for further reading, problems, and, when appropriate, scaleup or scaledown considerations at the end of each chapter to illustrate industrial applications
- Serves as a ready reference for explained formulas, principles, and data
This is the definitive hands-on reference for practicing professionals and an excellent textbook for courses in chemical reactor design. It is an essential resource for chemical engineers in the process industries, including petrochemicals, biochemicals, microelectronics, and water treatment.