John Cirucci is a Senior Engineering Associate at Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., and an AIChE Fellow. He serves AIChE on the Board of Directors, Foundation Board of Trustees, Fellows Council, and Center for Sustainable Technologies. He is a member of Engineers Without Borders-USA, founder of EWB Lehigh Valley Professionals Chapter, and working actively to provide clean water, sanitation, and electric infrastructure for large, rural school in West Africa. John received his chemical engineering BS and MS from The Pennsylvania State University and Lehigh University, respectively.
My commitment and focus as an AIChE Director:
• Expand member participation, particularly young professionals, in our technical programs, both through successful, traditional modes and new virtual venues.
• Excite a broader base of AIChE members engaged in outreach — K–12 education, adult education, and humanitarian engineering.
• Improve AIChE’s value proposition to organizations employing chemical engineers, communicated through the voices of member employees.
• Pursue collaboration with other organizations — globally, in chemical engineering and in adjacent fields of practice — seeking channels for member-to-member interaction.
• Promote a broad, public recognition of the AIChE members who have provided significant technical contributions to society.
• Encourage AIChE member involvement in promoting sound science in the formation of public policy.
• Engage members in an exponentially higher level of conversation, within our membership body and with peers outside of AIChE, exploiting new networking technology.
|Engineers Without Borders - USA -- Chemical Engineers Can Make an Impact in the Developing World|