Freeman is a process engineer with Bechtel, specializing in process safety. He received a BChE from Georgia Tech, MSChE from Rice Univ. and MBA from the Univ. of Houston. Leadership and service to AIChE:
- Committed to local sections, he has served the South Texas Section (STS) in many positions. As Chair in 1987, he led the STS through tough times, including resuming the annual regional conferences. He cofounded STS’s Young Professional Group and helped start STS’s employment program.
- Past Chair of the Career and Education Operating Council (CEOC), providing operating direction for local sections, student chapters, career services and educational programs.
- Treasurer of the Fuels and Petrochemicals Div.
- Original member of Prairie View A&M Univ.’s ChE Advisory Board; served as chair and continues on the Board
- Launched the initiative to provide websites for all local sections
- Lecturer for pre-conference courses and co-author of the award-winning AIChE book, “Refining Overview.”
AIChE Senior Member
Fuels & Petrochemicals Division
Institute for Sustainability
Safety & Health Division Online
Sustainability Engineering Forum - Component to IFS
South Texas Local Section
AIChE International Committee (Board Representative)
AIChE Board (Director)
AIChE Board Awards Committee (Member)
AIChE Constitution & Bylaws Committee (Member)
AIChE Finance Committee (Member)
||Employment of Chemical Engineers|
Engineering, Procurement & Construction
Process & Product Development
Georgia Institute of Technology