Highlights from this year's Symposium include keynoter Dr. Bill Flanagan from GE Global Research on eco-assessment and the supply chain, which was followed by a panel discussion featuring candid insights from Ahold, Kroger and Johnson & Johnson on the topic of leadership and sustainability.
Session Speakers include:
- Lise Laurin, Director, EarthShift
- Laura Flanigan, Consultant, PE International, Inc.
- Nate Shepley-Streed, Sustainability Manager, Corp. Brands & Manufacturing, The Kroger Co.
- Harriet Hentges, VP Corp. Responsibility & Sustainability , Ahold (Ahold N.V)
- Renato Wakimoto, Regional Director Packaging, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies in NA
- Beth Beloff, Principal, Bridges to Sustainability
- Jeff Meyers, Sustainable Packaging Program Manager, Coca-Cola Refreshments
- Ryan L’Abbe, Vice President/General Manager, Ice River Springs - Blue Mountain Plastics Division
- Joan Pierce, Exec. Director, AMERIPEN; formerly VP Packaging Sustainability, Colgate- Palmolive
- Lisa Grice, CIH, NA Sustainability Practice Director, ENVIRON
- Tony Kingsbury, Executive in Residence, Univ. of California at Berkeley
- Jeanne von Zastrow, Senior Dir. of Sustainability and Industry Relations Food Marketing Institute (FMI)
- Robert Combs, Project Leader – Packaging Production Services, Burt’s Bees Inc.
- Bob Branham, Director of Customer Sustainability, General Mills
- Tom Mitchell, Senior Dir., Strategic Development & Operations, Save Food, Messe Dusseldorf
- Meghan Stasz, Director, Sustainability, Grocery Manufacturers Assoc. (GMA)
- Darlene Schuster, Executive Director, Institute for Sustainability/AIChE
- Sandra Keil, VP Government Relations/Industry Affairs, Earth911
- Greg Wilkinson, President, Third Oak Associates
- Marco Castaldi, Asst. Prof., Earth & Environmental Engineering, Columbia Univ.
- Annie White, Director, Coalition for Resource Recovery/Global Green (CORR)
- Liz Shoch, Project Mgr., Sustainable Packaging Coalition/GreenBlue Institute
- Rachel Kagan, Senior Director, Environment & Sustainability Policy, Food & Consumer Products of Canada (FCPC)
Dune Lankard is the founder of the Eyak Preservation Council, whose mission is to preserve, restore and celebrate wild salmon culture and habitat through awareness, education and the promotion of sustainable livelihoods within the communities of the Copper River and Prince William Sound watersheds of Alaska. He is a Native Alaskan Eyak, and he has connected the preservation of the salmon habitat in Alaska to the sustainable future of his ancestral region, its indigenous people and sacred places. Dune has created many replicable models for conservation of environments that are critical to...