- How do I Register?
- Will I receive a confirmation of my registration?
- What do I do if I can't make the scheduled course I registered for?
- What happens if I don’t show up?
- Can I see the refund policy?
Tuition and Fees
- Do I have to pay for my course before it begins?
- Is my tuition tax deductible?
- Does my tuition include meals?
- What if I’m not satisfied with the Course?
- Is there any way I can save money on my registration?
On-site, Travel and Lodging
- What are on-site check-in/registration and course hours?
- How should I dress?
- What do I do if I have Special Requirements?
- What should I do about my Personal Property while I’m at the course?
- Does AIChE make my travel and lodging arrangements?
Other Course Information
- Will I earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and/or Professional Development Hours (PDHs) for this course?
- Are AIChE Instructor-Led Training courses available for my In-Company Training needs?
- Is there anything else I need to know?
- How can I submit a proposal for teaching a course?
A: Register online at the AIChE Education portal. If you experience problems, please contact Customer Service at CustomerService@aiche.org or by phone 800.242.4363 (203.702.7660 outside the US).
Q: Will I receive a confirmation of my registration?
A: AICHE confirms every course registration by email. If you have not received confirmation after registering, contact AIChE Customer Service at CustomerService@aiche.org or by phone 800.242.4363 (203.702.7660 outside the US).
Q: What do I do if I can't make the scheduled course I registered for?
A: If you are unable to attend a course you have registered for, simply send a substitute. You can also opt to transfer to another course with the same tuition. Or transfer your registration to a future session of the course you can’t make. Just call Customer Service to substitute or transfer: 800.242.4363 (203.702.7660 outside the US). Please note: All transfers are subject to space availability.
Q: What happens if I don’t show up?
A: Sorry, No Shows are responsible for payment and will be invoiced at full course price. Please see our refund policy below for more details.
AIChE Refund Policy
Substitutions: No penalty, simply call us at 800.242.4363 (203.702.7660 outside the U.S.) and let us know so we can have the badge ready for your substitute.
Transfers: Transfer to a future date with no penalty. However, transferring to a course and then cancelling will be subject to a $200 administrative charge per course.
No Shows: No Refund
Q: Do I have to pay for my course before it begins?
A: Receipt of payment is required for all registrants to attend their respective course. Registrants whose credit cards are declined will be contacted by an AIChE representative to confirm alternate payment options.
Q: Is my tuition tax deductible?
A: Training taken to maintain or improve professional skills is typically tax-deductible. Consult with your tax advisor for applicability.
Q: Does my tuition include meals?
A: Continental Breakfast is available each morning your course meets. Lunch is the responsibility of each attendee. In addition, there are scheduled mid-morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks each Course day.
Q: What if I’m not satisfied with the Course?
A: You satisfaction is guaranteed. AIChE guarantees the quality of our Courses. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a Course you have attended, AIChE will refund your money in full. We can afford to make this Guarantee because we know our Courses will meet or exceed your expectations.
Q: Is there any way I can save money on my registration?
A: If you’re an AIChE Member you pay the lowest price. If you’re not already a member, consider joining and get a year of great benefits and savings on your registration. Better yet, take any AIChE Instructor-Led Course and Get a 1-year Trial Membership FREE. To start your trial membership, just call AIChE Customer Service at 800.242.4363 (or 203.702.7660 outside US) within 30 days of completing a course.
Q: What are on-site check-in/registration and course hours?
A: Course hours are 8:30 am to 5 pm unless otherwise noted. Registration opens 30 minutes before the start time on Day One.
Q: How should I dress?
A: Casual business attire is appropriate. It is suggested that you bring a light sweater or jacket as many hotel rooms are cool.
Q: What do I do if I have Special Requirements?
A: In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you have special needs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or customer service at 800.242.4363 (or 203.702.7660 outside US).
Q: What should I do about my Personal Property while I’m at the course?
A: Attendees are responsible for all personal belongings during the length of the course while in hotel and other meeting space; this includes all breaks, lunch, and overnight accommodations. AIChE does not assume responsibility for any missing or damaged articles. Please check with hotel staff if secure storage is required.
Q: Does AIChE make my travel and lodging arrangements?
A: No, and AIChE is not responsible for the purchase of non-refundable airline tickets or the cancellation/change fees associated with canceling a flight. AIChE encourages attendees to call Customer Service (800.242.4363 or 203.702.7660 outside US) to confirm whether a specific course is running before purchasing airline tickets. AIChE retains the right to cancel a course until 3 weeks prior to the scheduled presentation date.
Q: Will I earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and/or Professional Development Hours (PDHs) for this course?
A: AIChE Courses award both Professional Development Hours (PDHs) and Continuing Education Units (CEUs). These are both used by Chemical Engineers as evidence of continuing professional education and competence. A Certificate will be sent to you after the Course.
Q: Are AIChE Instructor-Led Training courses available for my In-Company Training needs?
A:Yes. If you have ten or more individuals interested in a specific course you can benefit from discounted rates and customized coursework. Contact AIChE In-Company Training at email@example.com to learn more about customized training options held at your place of business.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know?
- Statements made by instructors do not represent the position of AIChE
- No audio-recording or videotaping is permitted
- AIChE reserves the right to substitute an instructor(s)
- Course prices are subject to change without notice
- AIChE does not discriminate in employment, admission to membership, or admission of speakers or registrants to its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, mental illness, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by state or local law.
Q: How can I submit a proposal for teaching a course?
A: Complete the form accessible from this page.