This course covers fundamentals in mixing theory including a section on scale-up, practical applications to mixing technology and advanced topics such as solid-liquid process. Engineers gain an excellent understanding of the fundamentals of mixing and how to apply the right technology to the mixing process.
This is a chance to broaden your perspective, whether you’re a director of engineering and/or research, process engineer doing research, mechanical equipment specialist, technician, development/design engineer, chemist or vendor engineer.
Topics covered include:
- How to compare the performance characteristics of fluid foil impellers vs. traditionally designed models.
- How to appropriately apply Laser Doppler Velocity (LDV) data and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD).
- How to analyze tank shape, impeller spacing, baffles and a variety of other key geometric similarity techniques.
- How to scale up and scale down by using practical proven techniques of meeting geometrical similarity.
Agitated Vessel Image via Creative Commons
|AIChE Grad Student Members||$247.50|
|AIChE Undergrad Student Members||$247.50|
|Training 10 or More?||Volume Pricing is available. Send an e-mail to
email@example.com for more information.
* Membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here.