This on line course is designed for technicians in the chemical industry, non-chemical engineers involved who work with or supervise chemical engineers, and legal and other professions who must interact with or manage chemical engineering work. It will overview the basics of chemical engineering calculations and design. Chemical unit operations covered include:
- The chemical engineering profession and what it covers
- Safety and reactive chemical concepts, reaction stoichiometry
- Chemical stoichiometry and unit conversions
- Momentum, mass and energy balances
- Fluid flow and pumping equipment
- Heat transfer and heat exchangers, cooling towers
- Mass transfer concepts, distillation, absorption, stripping/desorption, chromatography, ion exchange, and extraction
- Evaporation, crystallization, filtration, and drying
- Solids handling, characterization, transfer, and storage
- Process control
- Polymers and plastics
- Tanks and process vessels
Industrial examples are used throughout the course to demonstrate how the fundamentals of chemical engineering are applied in the real world.
What You’ll Learn
Who Should Attend
|AIChE Grad Student Members||$397.50|
|AIChE Undergrad Student Members||$397.50|
|Training 10 or More?||Volume Pricing is available. Send an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
* Membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here.