This online course is designed for technicians in the chemical industry and non-chemical engineers who work with or supervise chemical engineers as well as legal and other professionals who must interact with or manage chemical engineering work. It will overview the basics of chemical engineering calculations and design. Chemical unit operations covered include:
- The chemical engineering profession and what it covers
- Safety and reactive chemical concepts, reaction stoichiometry
- Chemical stoichiometry and unit conversions
- Momentum, mass and energy balances
- Fluid flow and pumping equipment
- Heat transfer and heat exchangers, cooling towers
- Mass transfer concepts, distillation, absorption, stripping/desorption, chromatography, ion exchange, and extraction
- Evaporation, crystallization, filtration, and drying
- Solids handling, characterization, transfer, and storage
- Process control
- Polymers and plastics
- Tanks and process vessels
Industrial examples are used throughout the course to demonstrate how the fundamentals of chemical engineering are applied in the real world.
What You’ll LearnParticipants will learn the basic concepts of chemical engineering including safety and reactive chemicals, stoichiometry, kinetics, mass and energy balances, pumps and fluid flow, distillation and other mass transfer operations such as absorption, stripping, and chromatography, drying, filtration, crystallization solids handling, process control, tanks and vessel basics, and cooling towers.
Who Should Attend:
|AIChE Grad Student Members||$397.50|
|AIChE Undergrad Student Members||$397.50|
|Training 10 or More?||Volume Pricing is available. Send an e-mail to
email@example.com for more information.
* AIChE membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here.