Shale oil and gas exploration and production has dramatically increased as a result of advancements in both exploration technology and reservoir simulation techniques; specifically horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing.
- How is impacted water managed and disposed?
- What can be done to minimize the amount of impacted water that requires disposal?
- What are the current technologies for water reuse and recycle?
- How can those technologies be used to reduce the quantity of raw water needed in the drilling and completion process?
- What are the concerns regarding potential environmental consequences and adverse impacts?