Important Notice: Limited Web Access Dec 16 to 18, 2016
AIChE will undertake a routine upgrade of our digital infrastructure over the weekend of December 16-18, 2016. During this period access to certain areas of the website will be limited. Additional information will be forthcoming shortly.
The ENV division provides relevant programs on current environmental topics and non-confidential information concerning all aspects of environmental activity. The division promotes publication of papers of interest to chemical engineers in environmental activities as well as coordinates the Institute's activities with other related societies.
For chemical engineers who are not actively engaged in the environmental field, ENV functions as a source of information. The purpose is to bring to their attention to the importance of concern for the environment, the need for its consideration in the design and operation of process plants, and opportunities for research and design of equipment and processes to solve environmental problems.
In addition, ENV also encourages chemical engineering educators to place emphasis on protecting our environment and encourage excellence in coursework.
If you are interested in joining the Environmental Division, you can do so by calling customer service at 800-242-4363 or +1-203-702-7660.
Division Dues of $45 include a subscription to Environmental and Sustainable Energy Progress.
The mission of the Environmental Division of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers is to:
- Further the application of chemical engineering in the environmental field;
- Provide, in cooperation with the National Program Committee, suitable programs on environmental topics of current interest;
- Provide a communication medium for chemical engineers and other individuals to exchange nonconfidential information concerning all facets of environmental activity;
- Promote publication of papers of interest to chemical engineers in environmental activities;
- Coordinate the Institute’s activities with other societies active in the environmental field;
- Act as a source of information for chemical engineers who are not actively engaged in the environmental field to bring to their attention the importance of concern for the environment, the need for its consideration in the design and operation of process plants, and opportunities in research and design of equipment and processes to solve environmental problems;
- Encourage chemical engineering educators to place suitable emphasis on protecting our environment and encourage excellence in courses in environmental engineering.
Since 1970, the AIChE Environmental Division has served as the focal point for environmental applications of chemical engineering. The division promotes the dissemination of information regarding the role that chemical engineers play in improving the environment.
Frequently Asked Questions
See our list of frequently asked questions here.