By forming a local section, you can help serve your colleagues and peers in a more personal and direct way. Your local section can help meet the needs of chemical engineers who work and live in the area by offering technical seminars, joint activities with other engineering groups, and by providing a practical forum for sharing ideas, updates and information.
To get started, first make certain that a local section does not already exist in the area. Here are the first steps to help you organize:
- Establish a committee. Organize a group of interested members in your area to help share the work of forming a new local section.
- Determine boundaries. Identify the counties the new section would like to include. Boundaries within a 50-mile radius are suggested.
- Solicit membership. Contact the Membership Department for a list of names and addresses of AIChE members within the defined boundaries.
- Obtain company support/sponsorship. Many area industries are eager to see AIChE local sections started, and are willing to offer financial support or help with publicity.
- Complete the New Local Section Application form.
- Apply for a New Local Section Grant.