A Senior Member who has satisfied the Fellow Bylaw requirements and has demonstrated significant accomplishments in, and contributions to, the profession may be nominated for consideration to be elected Fellow. The Nominator must be an AIChE member in good standing.
The Fellow Nomination Packet is available as a writable PDF file. It provides eligibility details, a nomination form which includes sections to summarize the nomination and document professional accomplishments and service to the profession, and instructions for sponsors.
Each nomination requires at least five sponsor letters. It is the nominator's responsibility to ensure that the sponsor letters provide the information necessary to confirm the nominee’s accomplishments and contributions in a clear, unambiguous manner. Until such time as detailed instructions are available on the website, nominators are requested to contact the Admissions Committee at email@example.com for a copy of the instructions prior to submission of any nomination and preferably prior to the start of any nomination.
Fellow Nomination FAQs
Browse frequently asked questions to find out more about the AIChE Fellows nomination procedure.
It is recommended that nominators make contact with the Admissions Committee (at AdCom@aiche.org) before starting work on any nomination to get information that this site may not yet contain.
- The Nominator should submit a completed and signed Nominating Form along with substantiating documentation and a minimum of five supporting letters from Fellows or Senior Members (no more than two of which should be from the same organizational entity). The entire nomination package should be submitted at one time. Incomplete packages cannot be accepted. If this creates a problem please contact AdCom@aiche.org to resolve.
- Electronic submittal of these documents is preferred and should be emailed to CustomerService@aiche.org with a copy to AdCom@aiche.org. For other submittal methods, please see below.
- Note: The Admissions Committee meets on the first Thursday of the months of March, June, September and December. Nominations must be received early enough to allow for orderly review (about five weeks prior to the meeting) before the Admissions Committee meeting at which the recommendations to the BOD are developed. Deadlines are January 31, April 30, July 31, and October 31 for the March, June, September, and December meetings, respectively.
- The Nominator's submittal is reviewed to ensure Nominee meets Bylaw requirements for membership status and years of membership.
- The Nominator's submittal is reviewed by the Admission's Committee, which makes a recommendation to the Board of Directors. The AIChE BOD is the approving authority.
For more information: please contact AIChE's Member Service Center at 1-800-242-4363 (International: 203-702-7660).