Each year, AIChE’s Nanoscale Science and Engineering Forum (NSEF) acknowledges the contributions of engineers and scientists to the field of nanoscience and engineering with two awards, the Forum Award and the Young Investigator Award.
- The Forum Award recognizes outstanding contributions in the advancement of nanoscale science and engineering in the field of chemical engineering through scholarship, education or service.
- The Young Investigator Award recognizes outstanding interdisciplinary research in nanoscience and nanotechnology by engineers or scientists in the early stages of their professional careers (within 10 years of completion of highest degree).
Past winners and additional information regarding the awards can be found on the AIChE NSEF site. Recipients of each award are invited to present their work at the NSEF Plenary Session, "Chemical Engineering Principles for Nanotechnology" at the Fall Annual Meeting (this year in San Francisco). Award plaques are presented at this session or at the NSEF reception.
I ask for your help in nominating colleagues whom you feel are worthy of consideration for these distinguished awards such that NSEF can select the most deserving recipients. Nominees should be current members of both AIChE and NSEF at the time of nomination. To check your membership status, you can call AIChE Customer Service at 1-800-242-4363. To join NSEF, click here.
Following the format of the Institute Awards, NSEF will accept only electronic submissions for nominations
- The nominator is responsible for the completeness of the package.
- Please email a PDF file of the completed nomination to Dianne Cappiella (email@example.com), the AIChE Staff Liaison for NSEF.
- Please use the Institute and Board Award Nomination Form.
- The deadline for submitting the nomination package is May 31, 2013.
AIChE NSEF Past Chair, 2013 AIChE NSEF Awards Committee Chair, 2013