Awards are presented to full-time undergraduate or graduate students who prepare the best technical papers that describe results related to engineering and sustainability.
1. Up to three papers will be selected each years; decisions are scheduled for May 31, 2013. 2. Student Award recipients will receive $500 for travel expenses associated with attending the AIChE annual meeting, plus, a certificate of recognition.
- Technical merit: The student(s) needs to provide original experimental data and/or published facts.
- Quality: The student(s) need to have the paper published (or to be published) in a refereed journal within the last year.
- Results: The content of the paper needs to describe significant (to society) results.
- Authorship: The student(s) needs to be the primary author(s).
- Qualifications: The student(s) must be members of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, the SEF, and an ABET accredited Chemical Engineering program.
The student may submit an application to join SEF, if not already a member. Papers may be submitted directly by student(s), or nominated by local section chair, or an AIChE member. The original, signed manuscript and an e-mail copy of the paper with pertinent information are to be sent to:
SEF Awards Committee Chair
T.R. (Tom) Marrero, Professor
Department of chemical Engineering
W2030 Lafferre Hall
Columbia MO 65211