This award recognizes individuals or teams working in the industries served by chemical engineers, for innovation that has resulted in the successful commercial development of new products and/or new processes for making useful products. Eligible nominees should be from industry or from a government laboratory or another nonacademic laboratory.
Examples of the types of contributions to be recognized include:
- Bringing a new product to the marketplace
- Developing a new manufacturing process
- Discovering or creating a unique material
- Transferring a research or technology development to practice
- Improving the performance of an existing product or process
- Reducing a company’s environmental impact
- Pioneering a new industrial concept
- Creating a new simulation or design tools
Selection of the winner of the award will be based on three key criteria:
- Impact of the contribution – has it made a difference in the market place and global community?
- Magnitude of the challenges that were overcome – what was the degree of difficulty?
- Innovation and technical creativity – what is the intellectual content?
Eastman Chemical Company
R&D Team - Shuttle Crew