This award is presented in memory of John G. Kunesh, past Separations Division Chairman and Technical Director of Fractionation Research, Inc. (FRI). His dedication to the distillation industry and service to those working in it serve as models for all those practicing engineering disciplines. John actively challenged, mentored, and encouraged young engineers to succeed.
This award continues this encouragement by recognizing outstanding contributions to the academic, scientific, technological, industrial, or service areas involving separations technologies for individuals under the age of 40. Criteria considered in selecting an awardee include: Significant discoveries, important research, development of new processes and products, introduction of new education concepts, service to the Separations Division, or outstanding service to the separations community.
A check for $1,000, a plaque, and a complementary ticket to the Separations Division Awards Dinner at the AIChE Fall Annual Meeting.
- Candidate must be age 39 or less on 31 December of the award year.
- Candidate must be a member of AIChE in good standing and a member of the Separations Division. Active participation in the Separations Division, while not required, will be considered during the selection process.
- Nomination to include a current resume and/or documentation supporting the individual’s involvement and contributions to the separations disciplines. Nomination to include confirmation of the birth date of the nominee.
- Nomination deadline to coincide with established deadlines for awards to be presented at the AChE’s fall annual meeting.
- Current office holders of the Separations Division leadership are eligible for this award, if other criteria are also met.
- Nominations will remain open as long as the candidate is eligible. Nominators are strongly encouraged to update their nominee’s files regularly.
- This award may only be awarded to the same individual only once. Up to four supporting letters are required. To facilitate the review process, the preferred format for Nomination Packages is electronic, in ".pdf" format. If you wish to submit a Nomination Package in any other format, electronic or print, please contact the Separations Division. Send nominations to: Tim Frank (firstname.lastname@example.org)