This award recognizes individuals or teams for achievement in the design and/or construction of process plants or process plant revamps. Eligible nominees should be from industry or from a government laboratory or another nonacademic entity. The achievements may be the result of excellence in process engineering, project engineering, project management, equipment design, engineering and/or construction scheduling and construction management.
Examples of the types of contributions to be recognized include:
- Implementing a difficult or unusual project
- Developing novel engineering or construction techniques
- Meeting challenging environmental constraints
- Pioneering the use of new design methodologies
- Delivering a difficult project within tight time and budget requirements
- Commercializing a first-of-a-kind process
- Making sustained contributions over a long period of time
Selection of the winner of the award will be based on three key criteria:
- Impact of the contribution – has it made a difference in the market place and global community?
- Magnitude of the challenges that were overcome – what was the degree of difficulty?
- Innovation and technical creativity – what is the intellectual content?
Marathon Petroleum Company
Garyville Major Expansion Project