The award recognizes a Particle Technology Forum member who has made significant contribution to the science and technology of particle processing in its commercialization, and who has shown leadership in the engineering community. The award is only made every odd year hence not open for 2016. The award is contingent on a candidate meeting the above criteria and may not be awarded every year.
- Nominee must be a current member of AIChE-PTF at time of nomination and have not won another PTF award in previous three calendar years
- An outstanding contribution to the science and technology of particle processing in its commercialization
- The awardee has shown leadership in the engineering community
Award consists of $500, a plaque, and two tickets to PTF award dinner.
Nomination procedure and package contents:
- Nominations are not accepted for 2016, but for future reference, the package includes:
- Filled nomination form (a blank form which will be sent to you after your nomination is received)
- A letter of nomination stating how the nominee contributed to the the science and technology of particle processing in its commercialization, and
- At least three and no more than five supporting letters, with at least one from industry
- Either the nominator, or one of the supporting letter providers must be a current PTF member
- If the nominee has previously received any award from AIChE or one of its divisions/forums, and explicit statement of new accomplishments or work over and above those cited for the earlier award(s) must be included (max. of one double spaced page).
- Selected bibliography (including books, patents, and major papers published).