This award recognizes corporations or corporate divisions employing a substantial number of chemical engineers, for innovation that has resulted in the successful commercial development of new products and/or new processes for making useful products. A lecture associated with this award is to be delivered at the AIChE Annual Meeting by the Chief Technology Officer or other appropriate high-ranking officer of the recipient company. A manuscript of the lecture may be submitted for publication in Chemical Engineering Progress or other appropriate AIChE media.
Examples of the types of contributions to be recognized include:
- Bringing a new product to the marketplace
- Developing a new manufacturing process
- Discovering or creating a unique material
- Transferring a research or technology development to practice
- Improving the performance of an existing product or process
- Reducing the company’s environmental impact
- Pioneering a new industrial concept.
Selection of the winner of the award will be based on three key criteria:
- Impact of the contribution – has it made a difference in the marketplace and global community?
- Magnitude of the challenges that were overcome -- what was the degree of difficulty?
- Innovation and technical creativity – what is the intellectual content?