Months of hard work all came down to two short runs this afternoon for competitors and their Chem-E-Cars. The University of Puerto Rico's team took home the top prize for the winning car this year. Check out the slideshow below, and also see other prizes and stats for all competitors' cars.
First prize: University of Akron
Second prize: University of Puerto
Golden Tire (Students' Choice)
University of Akron
Best Use of Biological Reaction to Power a Car
Spirit of Competition
University Puerto Rico
[table id=7 /]
[table id=8 /]
See Additional Chem-E-Car Awards, Statistics and Slideshow from this year's competition.
See Complete 2011 Chem-E-Car Series with pre-competition interviews.
- Carnegie Mellon Interviewed about their Chem-E-Car at AIChE's 2011 Student Conference (chenected.aiche.org)
- University of Minnesota Interviewed about Their Chem-E-Car at AIChE's 2011 Student Conference (chenected.aiche.org)
- Monterrey Tech Interviewed about Their Chem-E-Car at AIChE's 2011 Student Conference (chenected.aiche.org)
- 2011 National Chem-E-Car Competitors [On Location] (chenected.aiche.org)
- 2011 Student Conference Welcome Ceremony [on location] (chenected.aiche.org)