The AIChE Annual Meeting is the premier educational forum for chemical engineers interested in innovation and professional growth.
A wide range of subjects relevant to latest research and newest technologies in emerging growth areas will be covered.
Early Bird Registration Ends August 29. Register Now!
Make ChEnected.com/Annual your source for hourly updates of what's happening at this year's Annual Meeting.
You can also use check back to this post ChEnected.com/events/2011annualmeeting. All meeting special events, keynote presentations, and highlights (shown below) will link to respective posts covering these events.
2011 AIChE Annual Meeting Highlights Include:
- The International Year of Chemistry Plenary (Monday, October 17, 11:15am - 12:15pm) - delivered by Dr. Thomas W. Peterson, Assistant Director for Engineering, National Science Foundation
2011 Annual Meeting Plenary: Chemical Science Innovation: Future of the US Chemical Enterprise - co-sponsored by the Council for Chemical Research (CCR) (Monday, October 17, 12:30pm - 3:00pm and 3:15pm - 5:45pm)- featuring:
- Monty Alger, CTO, Air Products
- John Anderson, President, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Bill Banholzer, CTO & Executive VP, Dow
- Robert Brown, President, Boston University
- Anthony Cugini, Director, National Energy Technology Laboratory
- Sangtae Kim, Executive Director, Morgridge Institute
- Joe Miller, CTO & Executive VP, Corning
- Larry Wendling, VP Corporate Research, 3M
- Professional Progress Award Lecture (Tuesday, October 18, 11:15am - 12:15pm) - delivered by Professor Michael Deem, Rice University
- SBE'S James E. Bailey Award Lecture (Tuesday, October 18, 6:00pm - 7:00pm) - Bailey Award recipient to be announced
- 63rd Institute Lecture (Wednesday, October 19, 11:15am - 12:15pm)
- 4th Corporate Innovation Award (Thursday, October 20, 11:15am - 12:15pm) - Award recipient to be announced
2011 International Congress on Energy - organized in four key areas
- Global Solar and Nuclear Energy in the 21st Century
- Lignocelluosics: Biorefineries and Sustainable Energy
- Hydrogen Production and Storage
- Innovations of Green Process Engineering for Sustainable Energy and Environment
See Information on the 2011 Annual Student Conference
If you're tweeting about the conference, our official hashcode is: #AIChEAnnual