What does it mean in 20/20?
- Companies use various assessment techniques to assure their process safety management systems are working as intended.
- It will become standard practice for companies to supplement internal audits with competent third-party verification of their engineered systems and process safety management systems.
- Third-party technical experts verify specific technical details.
- Public and non-governmental organizations evaluate implementation of company process safety programs.
What is the value?
- Third-party assessments may identify additional opportunities for improvement in company process safety management and can enhance stakeholder relationships.
- Meticulous Verification supports a partnership to challenge each other to deliver great process safety performance.
What can I do?
- Identify opportunities where third-party verification could add value.
- Personally support external verification in your area when it occurs.