Learn how to avoid uncontrolled chemical reactions and the serious harm that they can cause. In this course, you'll gain a basic understanding of chemical reactivity hazards and how to avoid unintended reactions and control intended reactions. Key concepts discussed include:
- Three major incidents that show the potential consequences of uncontrolled reactions,
- How chemical reactions get out of control, including consideration of reaction path, heat generation and removal, and people/property/environmental response,
- Data and lab testing resources used to identify reactivity hazards,
- Four approaches to making a facility inherently safer with respect to chemical reactivity hazards, and
- Strategies for designing facilities both to prevent and to mitigate uncontrolled chemical reactions.
This online course provides overview of the basic understanding of chemical reactivity hazards; supplemented with selected issues of the Process Safety Beacon from the SAChE archive.
|AIChE Grad Student Members||$0|
|AIChE Undergrad Student Members||$0|
|Training 10 or More?||Volume Pricing is available. Send an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*Employees of CCPS member companies can register for this course at the AIChE Member price. Please contact Customer Service at email@example.com or call 1-800-242-4363 (outside the US call 203-702-7660).
** AIChE membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here.