Chemical Reactivity Hazards is a web-based SAChE module that shows how uncontrolled chemical reactions can lead to serious harm. Key concepts for avoiding unintended reactions and controlling intended reactions are discussed including:
- Three major incidents that show the potential consequences of uncontrolled reactions,
- How chemical reactions get out of control, including consideration of reaction path, heat generation and removal, and people/property/environmental response,
- Data and lab testing resources used to identify reactivity hazards,
- Four approaches to making a facility inherently safer with respect to chemical reactivity hazards, and
- Strategies for designing facilities both to prevent and to mitigate uncontrolled chemical reactions.
This online course provides overview of the basic understanding of chemical reactivity hazards; supplemented with selected issues of the Process Safety Beacon from the SAChE archive.
|AIChE Grad Student Members||$0|
|AIChE Undergrad Student Members||$0|
|Training 10 or More?||Volume Pricing is available. Send an e-mail to
email@example.com for more information.
*Employees of CCPS member companies can register for this course at the AIChE Member price. Please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-242-4363 (outside the US call 203-702-7660).
** Membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here.