The course material prepares students to develop the information needed in plant design in a senior-level design course (e.g., a HAZOP on a process flow diagram) or provides background to topics discussed in a process safety course. This product was also designed for practicing engineers or chemists who will be involved with risk analyses. The course material emphasizes how the methods for risk assessment, management, and reduction are related and function together.
Topics focus on the detection, prevention and mitigation of risks including:
- Screening Analysis Techniques
- Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOPS)
- Checklist Reviews
- Fault Tree and Event Tree Analysis
- Preliminary Hazards Analysis
- Chemical Plume and Dispersion Analysis
- Safety Audit
- Explosion and Fire Analysis
- What-if Analysis
- Assessment of Health Effects
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Quantified Risk Assessment
|AIChE Grad Student Members||$0|
|AIChE Undergrad Student Members||$0|
|Training 10 or More?||Volume Pricing is available. Send an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*Employees of CCPS member companies can register for this course at the AIChE Member price. Please contact Customer Service at email@example.com or call 1-800-242-4363 (outside the US call 203-702-7660).
** AIChE membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here.