This online course will introduce you to the CCPS Risk Based Process Safety Management (RBPS) approach, described in the CCPS book Guidelines for Risk Based Process Safety, 2007. It covers the four pillars and twenty elements that define the structure for the RBPS approach. The course will help you design, implement, and maintain a risk-based process safety management system that will fit your company’s needs and resources.
You will learn the definition and importance of RBPS and learn the four pillars of RBPS. Key principles and essential features for each of the twenty elements that make up the pillars will be discussed.
The four pillars include:
1. Commit to process safety
2. Understand hazards and risk
3. Manage risk
4. Learn from experience
Subjects discussed include:
Here's a preview of what you'll learn:
- The importance of RBPS and how it fits into business success
- The details of the twenty elements of RBPS
- How to design, implement, and maintain a RBPS management system that fits the culture, needs and resources of your company that will result in meeting the company’s process safety goals
Who Should Attend:
Those involved in designing, implementing and maintaining a successful process safety management system in your company including:
- Process safety specialists and process safety managers
- Operations and plant managers
- Engineers and supervisors
|AIChE Grad Student Members||$397.50|
|AIChE Undergrad Student Members||$397.50|
|Training 10 or More?||Volume Pricing is available. Send an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*Employees of CCPS member companies can register for this course at the AIChE Member price. Please contact Customer Service at email@example.com or call 1-800-242-4363 (outside the US call 203-702-7660).
** AIChE membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here.