Process Safety Boot Camp was developed by AIChE’s Center for Chemical Process Safety especially for companies looking to train chemical engineers in the fundamentals of Process Safety. It is widely used by corporate training departments across different sectors of the chemical enterprise. Companies large, small and in-between all use the Process Safety Boot Camp to ramp-up staff knowledge to a common level quickly and easily.
This intensive 4-day course is also offered periodically throughout the year to the broader chemical engineering public. Taught jointly by process safety veterans with decades of experience at major companies from the process industries, the course is highly interactive.
Every boot camp is taught by two instructors, each with a minimum of 25 years experience. They cover key process safety areas including Risk based Process Safety, Process Hazard Analysis, Regulatory Compliance and Process Safety in Plant and Design Operations.
Interested in taking this course outside of North America ?
Please register for Foundations of Process Safety course.
Here's a preview of what you'll learn:
- The four pillars and 20 elements of Risk Based Process Safety.
- The different types of Process Hazard Analysis, including an introduction to HAZOP.
- An overview of OSHA’s PSM regulations and EPA’s RMP regulations.
- How to incorporate Process Safety Management into Process Design and Plant Operations
- The concept of Layers of Protection to prevent and/or mitigate loss of containment events
- The principles of Risk Analysis and Risk Management
- How to consider Inherently Safer Processes during plant design.
Who Should Attend:
- Process Engineers, project engineers, operations engineers, and safety engineers that need to move beyond an understanding of personnel safety and learn the basics of Process Safety and Process Safety Management.
- Chemical engineers who interface with design teams, plant engineers, or plant operations personnel.
|AIChE Grad Student Members||$997.50|
|AIChE Undergrad Student Members||$997.50|
|Training 10 or More?||Volume Pricing is available. Send an e-mail to
email@example.com for more information.
*Employees of CCPS member companies can register for this course at the AIChE Member price. Please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-242-4363 (outside the US call 203-702-7660).
** AIChE Membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here.
Note: Registered attendees will receive an email 4 weeks before the course start date (6 weeks if course is outside the U.S.) notifying them of the status of the course. Please do not book airline tickets before you receive notification as we cannot reimburse tickets or airline change fees if the class is not held. If you have any questions, please call Customer Service (800.242.4363 or 203.702.7660 outside US).
April 13-16, 2015
June 1-4, 2015
October 5-8, 2015
October 26-29, 2015