OSHA has recognized Design Institute for Emergency Relief System (DIERS) methods as good engineering practice for process safety management of highly hazardous materials.
Applying DIERS technology in your facility
What to Expect:
- Explore the broad topic of emergency relief system design with an emphasis on the DIERS methodology.
- Understand how to achieve compliance with established codes, standards and design practices in the broad area of emergency pressure relief and effluent containment.
- Obtain knowledge on the application of the DIERS technology for data acquisition and two-phase venting calculations for the severe case of runaway chemical reactions.
- Understand available computational models and computer programs through demonstrations and worked examples.
- Utilizing real-world scenarios, see how lack of knowledge on basic pressure relief system principles can have fatal consequences.
- Obtain resources and references to guide further development as a skilled ERS engineer
- Take the first steps to becoming proficient in the complex field of ERS design and evaluation
- In summary: ERS design, especially for reactive systems, is a complex field. Becoming an expert generally requires years of study and progressive, meaningful real world experience. This course provides the tools and basis to start that process.
Follow-up work will be required to gain proficiency in the application of this complex technology. The course texts and extensive notes serve as study guides.
Please note: a Basic DIERS course is currently in production.
Who should attend (Please note prerequisites below)
If you are responsible for operating, designing or managing chemical processes that require emergency overpressure relief devices to ensure the safety of the facility in the event of runaway reactions or other pressure-producing events or if you are an engineer who wants to learn more about state-of-the-art venting and flow technology or if you are responsible for the safe handling of the effluent from an emergency relief device, you will find this course invaluable.
|AIChE Grad Student Members||$847.50|
|AIChE Undergrad Student Members||$847.50|
|Training 10 or More?||Volume Pricing is available. Send an e-mail to
email@example.com for more information.
* AIChE Membership is just $199 a year. For more information on becoming an AIChE member click here.
Note: Registered attendees will receive an email 4 weeks before the course start date (6 weeks if course is outside the U.S.) notifying them of the status of the course. Please do not book airline tickets before you receive notification as we cannot reimburse tickets or airline change fees if the class is not held. If you have any questions, please call Customer Service (800.242.4363 or 203.702.7660 outside US).