About the author: 12 years experience in the Oil and Gas industry with the last 8 years embedded in different BP Operations as Process Safety adviser
Key success factors for a well functioning PS program:
Commitment from site leaders
- PS is in leader’s agenda
- PS is part of performance contract and rewarding program
- Leader to set role model for PS
Organisation’s process safety capability
- PS processes in place
- A set of Process Safety KPI’s that help site leader to drive PS performance
- A tool to communicate to front line workers
- Audits for compliance
How to tell if the program is working
- KPI’s trending in the right direction:
- Reduction in lagging indicators
- Improvement in leading indicators
- Level of engagement of organisation
Aspects of process safety which need the most attention and resources from operating managers
- Operating procedure
- Emergency response
- Incident/ Near miss and Process upset reporting
- Hazard evaluation and Risk assessment
Methods to effectively communicate the most important aspects of process safety to operating managers, front line supervisors and hands-on employees
- Process Safety meeting
- Process safety report
- Process safety metrics
- Involvement in PS program: audits/ coaching/ intervention etc….
- Process Safety Poster/ scorecard
Would you like to access this content?
No problem. You just have to complete the following steps.
You have completed 0 of 2 steps.
You must be logged in to view this content. Log in now.
Purchase Technical Presentation
You must purchase this technical presentation using one of the options below.
If you already purchased this content recently, please click here to refresh the system's record of ownerships.
|Credits||0.5 Use credits|
|List Price||$25.00 Buy now|
|AIChE Members||$15.00 Buy now|
|AIChE Undergraduate Student Members||Free Free access|
|AIChE Graduate Student Members||Free Free access|